Here’s what you need to know today in startup and venture news, updated by the Crunchbase News staff throughout the day to keep you in the know.
Subscribe to the Crunchbase Daily
Citrix acquires Wrike for $2.25B
Digital workspace technology provider Citrix Systems has announced that it is acquiring Wrike, a provider of collaborative work management software, for $2.25 billion in cash.
Founded in 2006, San Jose-based Wrike currently employs more than 1,000 people. It is a portfolio company of private equity firm Vista Equity Partners.
In its announcement, Citrix forecasts that Wrike was poised for 30 percent stand-alone growth this year, with annual recurring revenue of between $180 million and $190 million.
Cruise, Rivian, Volta collectively raise nearly $5B
Tuesday was a big day for companies in the auto space. General Motors-owned self-driving car company Cruise raised $2 billion, electric vehicle startup Rivian raised $2.65 billion, and EV charging network startup Volta raised $125 million. Some large tech names came along with the fundings: Microsoft invested in Cruise for the first time, and Amazon backed Rivian.
Large funding rounds for auto companies, especially electric vehicle ones, is a theme that’s carried over from 2020. Last year saw electric vehicle and self-driving car companies like Rivian and Waymo raise some of the largest funding rounds of the year.
- PPRO lands $180M: London-based PPRO, a provider of local payment infrastructure for online commerce, reportedly raised $180 million in a funding round that pushes its valuation above the $1 billion mark.
- Turkey’s Getir raises $128M: Istanbul-based Getir, a provider of on-demand deliveries, has reportedly raised $128 million in fresh funding as it gears up to launch its service in several new cities.
- DeHaat inks $30M for agritech platform: India-based DeHaat, a technology-based platform offering end-to-end agricultural services to farmers in India, announced $30 million in Series C funding led by Prosus Ventures.
- AgriWebb lands $23M to digitize livestock farming: Australia-based AgriWebb, which is developing a livestock management platform, is now valued at more than $77 million after raising $23 million in a Series B led by TELUS Ventures.
- Trovata banks $20M for cash automation: San Diego-based Trovata.io, automating cash management with open banking, announced $20 million in Series A funding led by Wells Fargo Strategic Capital.
- Conversa Health secures $20M for virtual health care: Conversa Health, a virtual care and triage platform, expanded its Series B financing to $20 million. The Series B round, first announced at $12 million in June, was co-led by Builders VC and Northwell Ventures.
- ChannelEngine raises 5 million euros for e-commerce: Amsterdam-based ChannelEngine, a marketplace integration platform for distributed e-commerce, secured 5 million euros ($6 million) in Series A funding led by INKEF Capital.
- XP Health secures $5M for vision benefits: Palo Alto-based XP Health, an artificial intelligence-powered vision benefits platform for employees, raised $5 million in seed funding led by Valor Capital Group.
Illustration: Dom Guzman
Stay up to date with recent funding rounds, acquisitions, and more with the Crunchbase Daily.