Send Crunchbase News and tips here. We’d love to hear from you.
Crunchbase News is a digital publication covering the intersection of technology and money. It is an independent group which operates as part of the Crunchbase family. (Crunchbase is a public database of private companies that also sells data access and business intelligence tools.)
What is the relationship between Crunchbase and Crunchbase News?
Crunchbase funds and hosts Crunchbase News but does not exert any editorial control over the publication.
Crunchbase also provides the News team with access to its graph, and it occasionally provides assistance in pulling more intractable queries from the dataset.
Who is Crunchbase News?
Jenna D’Illard: Deputy Editor
Jenna handles the editorial oversight for the news team.
Mary Ann has an eye on construction-focused tech and real estate-focused companies, the Texas and Latin American venture scenes, and more.
Joanna writes the Crunchbase Daily blurbs on weekdays and covers sector trends for Crunchbase News.
Sophia covers breaking news and trends for Crunchbase News.
- Crunchbase News is part of Crunchbase, a for-profit startup that has a number of private investors. Verizon also retains an ownership stake in the company.
- (Before AOL was part of Oath, a Verizon subsidiary, AOL owned Crunchbase. Later, after Verizon bought AOL, but before it combined the Internet brand with Yahoo to form Oath, Crunchbase was spun out as its own entity.)
- Update: Oath will be rebranded as the “Verizon Media Group” starting January 1, 2019. Also, Verizon hates it
- Crunchbase News operates independently from Crunchbase, and the publication takes no direction from any other part of the business, most especially its commercial operations.
- The publication abides by the SPJ Code of Ethics, hews to AP style, and prefers Oxford commas.
- Regarding our parent company’s conflicts, they are myriad. A living list of parties that have invested in the business can be found on Crunchbase’s Crunchbase page. More investors will appear over time. They will each and all enjoy the same level of privilege: none.