Here’s what you need to know today in startup and venture news, updated by the Crunchbase News staff throughout the day to keep you in the know.
Subscribe to the Crunchbase Daily
Calm raises $75M at $2B valuation
Meditation app Calm announced that it raised $75 million in a new Series C financing that sets a valuation of $2 billion for the 8-year-old company.
Lightspeed Venture Partners led the round with participation from TPG, Insight Partners, Marc Benioff, and funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management. The round brings total funding to $217 million.
San Francisco-based Calm says it has been profitable since 2016, with over 100 million downloads to date and 4 million paying members. It says Calm for Business, the company’s enterprise arm, currently covers more than 10 million people through employer partnerships.
The new round comes amid a bullish period for funding of telehealth and mental health startups. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic in particular, consumers and employers are seeking out online offerings that can help with managing stress.
- Pico closes on $135M for access to financial services: Pico, a New York-based provider of technology services for the global financial markets community, announced a strategic investment with Intel Capital to close out Pico’s $135 million Series C investment round.
- Dragos lands $110M for cybersecurity: Dragos, a Hanover, Maryland-based provider of cybersecurity technology for industrial controls systems, announced it raised $110 million in a Series C funding round co-led by National Grid Partners and Koch Disruptive Technologies.
- Gotham Greens grows $87M for greenhouses: Brooklyn-based Gotham Greens, an indoor agriculture operating high-tech greenhouses, raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital. The capital raise portion is a Series D round led by Manna Tree.
- Gohenry secures $40M for financial app: gohenry, a fintech building healthy financial habits for children, raised a $40 million financing round led by Edison Partners.
- Sundae secures $36M for distressed property: San Francisco-based Sundae, a residential real estate marketplace focused on sellers of distressed property, announced securing $36 million in a Series B round led by QED Investors.
- Intelipost raises $32M for e-commerce logistics: Intelipost, Brazil’s e-commerce and omnichannel logistics technology company, announced $32 million in financing from Riverwood Capital.
- Tabby raises $23M for buy-now-pay-later platform: Dubai-based fintech tabby said it raised Series A financing of $23 million in debt and equity led by Arbor Ventures and Mubadala Capital.
- Neuro-ID raises $7M for fraud detection: Behavioral analytics platform Neuro-ID, based in Whitefish, Montana, announced a $7 million Series A round led by Fin VC.
- Simple closes $5M for nutrition app: Cyprus-based Simple, a mindful nutrition app, announced $5 million in Series A funding at a $42 million post-money valuation. The round, co-led by Target Global and Palta.
- Story Health launches with $4M for patient relationships: Story Health launched out of stealth with $4 million in seed funding led by General Catalyst and Define Ventures to bring virtualized specialty care and close the care gap between specialists and patients.
- Weaveworks raises $36.65M Series C: Weaveworks, a Kubernetes management platform, closed a $36.65 million Series C funding round, which included funding from first-time investors Amazon Web Services (AWS), Ericsson, Orange Ventures, SonaeIM and Telekom Investment Pool (TIP). The round also included follow-on investments from Accel, GV, and Redline Capital, bringing total funds raised to date to $60 million.
- Range Ventures announces new fund: Denver-based Range Ventures, an early-stage venture capital firm, announced its new $23 million fund. Range Ventures is backed by nearly 100 limited partners and looking to invest in technology start-ups in the greater Denver area.
- Salt Security captures $30M Series B: Palo Alto, California-based Salt Security closed a $30 million Series B led by Sequoia Capital, with participation from existing investors Tenaya Capital, S Capital VC, and Y Combinator. The API security firm has raised a total of $60 million in equity financing and will use the new money to invest in product development, sales and marketing and customer acquisition.
- Beyond Identity secures $75M: New York-based identity management provider Beyond Identity today closed a $75 million Series B funded by existing investors including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), James Clark, and Koch Disruptive Technologies LLC (KDT). The company now has raised a total of $105 million.
- Remix launches with $81M to identify RNA-enabled diseases: Biotechnology company Remix Therapeutics launched with $81 million in financing from Foresite Capital, Atlas Venture and The Column Group. The Cambridge, Massachusetts-based company is developing small molecule treatments designed to reprogram RNA processing to address the underlying drivers of disease.
- Branch Technology inks $11M for enterprise 3D printing: Chattanooga, Tennessee-based Branch Technology, developing construction-scale 3D printing, closed on an $11 million funding round led by EquipmentShare.
- Aglet runs into $4.5M for mobile game platform: Sneaker-focused e-commerce platform Aglet, secured $4.5 million in seed funding led by Sapphire Sport.
- PointClickCare acquires Collective Medical: Canada-based PointClickCare Technologies, providing software technology for long-term and post-acute health care markets, said it intends to acquire Collective Medical, a network-enabled platform for real-time cross-continuum care coordination. The acquisition is expected to be completed by the end of the year.
- Ro acquires Workpath: Telehealth startup Ro announced the acquisition of Workpath, a Richmond, Virginia-based software platform specializing in on-demand, in-home care and diagnostic services.
- Butterfly Network to go public: Butterfly Network, based in Guilford, Connecticut, a provider of medical imaging, intends to list on the New York Stock Exchange following a merger with Longview Acquisition Corp. The merged company will list under the symbol BFLY.
Illustration: Dom Guzman
Stay up to date with recent funding rounds, acquisitions, and more with the Crunchbase Daily.