Here’s what you need to know today in startup and venture news, updated by the Crunchbase News staff throughout the day to keep you in the know.
Subscribe to the Crunchbase Daily
Autodesk acquires Spacemaker for $240M
Based in Oslo, Norway, Spacemaker offers cloud-based software that leverages artificial intelligence to help architects, urban designers and real estate developers make more informed early-stage design decisions.
Robinhood looking at potential IPO
If it follows through with the plans, the company could go public as soon as the first quarter of 2021.
- PingCAP closes $270M Series D: PingCAP, developer of an open-source, distributed SQL database for real-time analytics, reportedly raised $270 million in a Series D round from backers including GGV Capital and Access Technology Ventures.
- Forto lands $50M for freight platform: Berlin-based Forto, operator of an online platform for freight forwarding, has raised another $50 million in a new funding round led by Inven Capital.
- Harbr reels in $38.5M for enterprise data: London-based Harbr, a startup offering enterprise data exchange services, raised $38.5 million in Series A investment in a round co-led by new investors Dawn Capital and Tiger Global Management. Previous investors Mike Chalfen, Boldstart Ventures, Crane Venture Partners, Backed and Seedcamp also participated, as did UiPath founder and CEO Daniel Dines, and head of strategy Brandon Deer.
- Trust & Will raises $15M: Nearly a year after raising a $6 million Series A, Trust & Will, a San Diego-based online estate planning company, announced a $15 million round of Series B funding, led by Jackson Square Ventures, with participation from existing investors and new investors Fifth Third Capital, Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures, AARP, Rosecliff Ventures, Hack VC, Actium Partners, Noah Kerner and Jeff Cruttenden.
- Levels pumps up with $12M for health wearable: Levels, based in New York, raised $12 million in seed funding, led by a16z, to unveil a biowearable system that provides real-time feedback on how diet impacts health. Joining a16z in the round was a group of angel investors that included Marc Randolph, Dick Costolo, Michael Arrington and Matt Dellavedova.
- Bdeo inks $5.9M for insurance claims: Bdeo, a Madrid-based insurtech company, closed a $5.9 million Series A round of funding led by BlackFin, with support from current investors K Fund and Big Sur Ventures. The new funding will help consolidate Bdeo’s position in the Spain and Latin America markets as part of its plan to lead visual intelligence in the insurance sector by 2022.
- Maude adds $2.2M to seed for intimacy products: Brooklyn-based maude, a sexual wellness product company, closed on a $2.2 million seed extension for a total of $3.7 million. The round was led by CASSIUS with participation from True, Outbound Ventures, Vice Ventures and Patina Brands, which joined existing investors RRE and Tune House Capital, as well as a group of angel investors.
Illustration: Dom Guzman