Here’s what you need to know today in startup and venture news, updated by the Crunchbase News staff throughout the day to keep you in the know.
Subscribe to the Crunchbase Daily
Russia’s Ozon raises $990M in US IPO
Shares rose further in first-day trading, closing up 22 percent at just over $40 per share.
Founded in 1998, Ozon is majority-owned by Russian conglomerate Sistema and a Baring Vostok group of funds. The company describes itself as the largest multicategory player in the Russian e-commerce space.
- China’s Manbang raise $1.7B for truck hailing: China-based Manbang, provider of a truck-hailing platform, has raised $1.7 billion in its latest funding round, led by SoftBank Vision Fund, Sequoia Capital China, Permira and Fidelity.
- Current inks $131M for banking services: Challenger bank Current, based in New York, announced a $131 million Series C round led by Tiger Global Management. The mobile bank has now raised more than $180 million in total funding and a valuation of $750 million.
- Percepto raise $45M for autonomous inspection tech: Israel-based Percepto, developer of autonomous drone technology for inspection and surveillance, raised $45 million in a Series B round led by Koch Disruptive Technologies. The company also announced a joint project involving Spot, an agile mobile robot developed by Boston Dynamics.
- Well Health secures $45M for patient engagement: Well Health, a Santa Barbara-based digital health company focused on patient communications, raised $45 million in Series C funding round led by Lead Edge Capital. That brings total funds raised to $75 million since its founding in 2015.
- WithMe Health secures $20M for medication guidance: WithMe Health, a San Mateo-based medication guidance company, closed on a Series B financing round of $20 million led by OMERS Ventures 1, with participation from existing investor Oak HC/FT and new investors Section 32, Shulman Ventures and MTS Ventures.
- Glue raises $8M for corporate messaging: Israel-based Glue, the automatic loyalty management platform for small businesses, announced $8 million in Series A funding led by Unicorn Technologies.
- Lightspin launches with $4M seed funding: Lightspin, the Israel-based cloud infrastructure security provider, came out of stealth after closing a $4 million seed funding. The round was led by Ibex Investors LLC and included participation from private angel investors.
- Quiqup closes new $5.5M round: Quiqup, a United Arab Emirates-based delivery tech startup, announced a $5.5 million funding round led by Delivery Hero. The round also included support from strategic shareholders Cedar Mundi, JOBI Capital and Transmed.
- Salla bags $8.5M for e-commerce platform: Saudi Arabia-based Salla, a platform that enables users to set up an e-commerce store in Arabic, raised $8.5 million, led by STV, joined by Raed Ventures and Vision Ventures, to expand its footprint within the Middle East.
Illustration: Dom Guzman
Stay up to date with recent funding rounds, acquisitions, and more with the Crunchbase Daily.